As far as myself, I have been supportive of a variety of environmental initiatives. Over 10 years ago, I chaired a group to write the State of Utah's first alternative fuels plan. Now, with the price of gasoline spiraling upward, we are maybe seeing the results of not being more proactive. Certainly, it is time to become better stewards in the way that we use this and other finite resources. Last night, Governor Huntsman mentioned his interest in alternative fuel vehicles on a radio show. He also discussed Utah's participation in the Climate Registry. So I'll put in a good word for the Clean Cities program here in the state. While you're looking around, I invite you to sign up for the Utah Energy Office email list.
Finally, I will pass this on to:
- Ken Thompson, author of The Bumblebee
- Barbara Haven, insightful blogger working with California government IT
- Jim Stewart, thought-provoking manager of UEN technical services
- Tom Warne, former UDOT executive director who understands transportation issues from top to bottom.
- Steve Clift, the author of the DoWire newsletter for democracies online.