Friday, July 11, 2008

Web 2.0 Calculators

Thanks to ITS Insider, I stumbled across Google Calculator this morning. It captured my attention immediately. It has always been inefficient when I need to calculate something to access my start menu and find the windows calculator and then calculate something. Google now lets me do it right from the search box in my toolbar and the results are immediate. It will even do things like currency and metric conversions or Roman numerals. I then discovered several other web 2.0 calculators such as Instacalc which have some potential interesting business uses. For example, you could automatically embed a calculator like this on your intranet travel site to help people calculate certain travel costs and options:

1 comment:

ALWP said...

Hi Dave,

I've been reading your blog your blog lately and thought you might be interested in some information about oil shale development in your state. Hopefully we can get in touch to talk about it a little bit, especially since the issue could come up in Congress this week.

My e-mail is Andrew_Peters 'at' tws.org

Best,

Andy