Priorities for Europe's new Ministerial Declaration on eGovernment:
- Strengthen the European dimension through the interoperability between Member States;
- Reduce the administrative load and consequently the administrative costs allowing for an efficient and effective interaction between public administrations and the people;
- Guarantee and ensure eGovernment services to all the people, especially in the case of the more economically and socially disfavoured;
- Involve the people in the political processes and increase their transparency.
- With respect to interoperability, Member States shall, until the end of 2008, establish new priorities for high impact services for the people, which can be developed over the whole of Europe with the aid of community programmes.