"Government needs to communicate with citizens – and vice versa. We try to facilitate this a hundred different ways.
- Award-winning, citizen-friendly web sites;
- E-mail correspondence;
- Direct phone conversations;
- Live streaming video of chamber activity;
- Streaming audio of chamber activity (both live and archived);
- On-line audio of our legislative committee meetings (live and archived);
- Personal meetings with groups and individuals;
- Etcetera. I’m sure I’ll think of more as I'm going to sleep tonight."
President Valentine further elaborates, "Web 2.0 is different than working through a reporter because we can speak directly to the public, in our own voice, and our constituents can respond, anonymously or otherwise. I like the opportunity and the accountability."