Intel is really pushing wireless government with its Digital Communities initiative.
With Hurricane Katrina hitting so hard, take a look at the websites of the cities that were impacted.
- Mobile's site says nothing of the hurricane.
- Biloxi has a Q and A with the mayor answering questions about the city's response. Their Storm Preparedness Center has a news button that opens up a Google search with a lot of stuff about Hurricane Camille.
- Gulfport, which seems to have been hardest hit is completely offline.
- New Orleans' city website is also unavailable.
- The State of Louisiana does have some useful information on their homeland security portal.