Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Here's an article about egovernment and the use of open source in Utah state government published in the latest edition of Novell's Connection magazine.

Russell Klein, with the Utah Office of Education just received the "Champion of Digital Literacy" award.

China continues to make advancements in scientific research and development. Business Week reports that U.S. trained researchers are leading the charge. Here's the numbers. The time that I spent as a Chinese linguist keeps me interested in this. When I was at the University of Washington, I spent some time working with one of the first developers of a Chinese word processor. They've certainly come a long way since then.

UITA's Richard Nelson has been appointed president-elect of CRITA.

I hate to be left behind. While we're trying to upgrade a few connections to 2.5 GHz / OC48, the Merit Network in Michigan is now rolling out OC48 or 10 Gbps service.

No comments: